Heidelberg United FC board met last night to review and consider the Return to Training Guidelines released by Football Victoria (https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/return-football) and the guidelines and requirements from the City of Banyule.
It has been an unprecedented and challenging time for us all, however taking into account the safety and best interests of our players, staff, volunteers and parents we have decided to await until the 31 May 2020 in anticipation of the State Government’s further lifting of restrictions before the re-commencement of training.
This decision affects all Club programs and all Heidelberg United teams.
The Club’s board will meet regularly to reassess its position and provide further information about returning to training as it becomes available. The Club is working towards a return to training date of 1 June 2020.
We have come to our decision to wait due to the following reasons:
- The current Football Victoria guidelines and Sport and Recreation Victoria’s recommendations only allow for small groups of 10 per half pitch and the logistics around ground availability and allocations.
- Training can only be for passing and shooting drills while practicing social distancing – no game training, heading, throw-ins or tackles allowed.
- The arduous requirements placed on clubs from Football Victoria and even more specifically the City of Banyule in relation to keeping accurate registers of attendance and the cleaning required of equipment and facilities and the resourcing of these administrative tasks.
- The limited insurance coverage of players, staff, volunteers and club directors in relation to COVID-19 and the responsibility and risk being placed on the Club during this time.
- The safety of all players, staff and volunteers.
In the meantime, the Club will be working towards ensuring our facility meets all the COVID-19 requirements and compliance and to ensure everyone including coaches, volunteers, parents and players are made aware of their roles and responsibilities in relation to the return to training.
This has not been an easy decision and we understand everyone is keen to return to training considering the importance of sport to the general wellbeing of our players and their families. We hope that you can all appreciate and understand the Club’s decision is being made with everyone’s best interests in mind.
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this time and that players are ensuring they are keeping active from home so that there is an easier transition when training does resume.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to the contact the Club by email on email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Take care and looking forward to seeing you all back at the Club.
Heidelberg United FC
Football Victoria Return to Training Portal https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/return-football
Football Victoria COVID-19 FAQs https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/covid-faq
Football Victoria COVID-19 Return to Training Conditions https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/sites/ffv/files/2020-05/FV_RTT_V1_15May.pdf
Sport and Recreation Victoria Return to Play Guide and Restrictions https://sport.vic.gov.au/our-work/return-to-play/return-to-play-for-community-sport-and-active-recreation